Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lindeman's- Bin 50 Shiraz 2012

Name- Lindeman's Bin 50 Shiraz

Variety- Shiraz

Region- Eastern Australia

Country- Australia

Year- 2012

Price-  $6.80

 Wine critic's review-
Someone once told me, “if you’re a fan of the Yellow Tail Shiraz, you’ll love Lindeman’s Bin 50 Shiraz!” Even though I don’t love the former, when I saw the latter at Trader Joe’s for less than $10, I figured that I should give it a shot. After all, Australia is a pretty cool place. Kangaroos are sweet. Lindeman’s Bin 50 Shiraz is from Australia too, so I hoped it’d be as awesome as a kangaroo.
Lindeman’s Bin 50 Shiraz is not as cool as a kangaroo. It wasn’t anything special. I was left with the lingering feeling that if I was blind testing this compared to the Three Buck Chuck Shiraz, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference, which doesn’t speak well to this shiraz which claims to be something fancier.
I will not be buying another bottle of Lindeman’s Bin 50 Shiraz. It’s nothing exceptional, and for that price I’d rather shoot for something more.

My review- I decided to give another one of Lindeman's wines a shot again after enjoying their Bin 40 Merlot. I began with the nose and I could sense some plum and blackberry. The first taste reflected the nose. The tannin was solid but I was left wanting more from the wine. After letting the wine open up a little bit it did taste and smell better, but not significantly. I was not as pleased with this wine as the Bin 40 Merlot, but I still enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment